If you have noticed your lips are asymmetrical or losing its shape, color, size, then semi-permanent lip tattoo is your solution. These occur with aging as we lose hydration, elastin, collagen, and melanin in the skin. Even if you have not seen these signs yet, semi-permanent lip tattoo will give you full, defined, contoured, and balanced lips in the perfect shade to your preference.
Semi-permanent eyeliner tattoo will give you professionally drawn eyeliner every minute of the day! If you struggle with applying eyeliner every day or can never find the correct liner that does not smudge, then eyeliner tattoo will help you solve your problems.
With results lasting 2-3 years for lip tattoo, and up to 2 years for eyeliner, you will wish you did this sooner.
Semi-permanent lip tattoo involves professional, hypoallergenic pigment being implanted into your lips, with results lasting up to 3 years (individual results vary). There are many shades available including a natural nude, to a deep mauve. Your lips will be a vibrant red or pink color before flaking off within a week to a very light nude, pink color. Your true color will fully develop at around 8 weeks to a natural pink, making your lips look hydrated, full, defined, healthy, and balanced result.
Lip tattoo can last 3-5 years with individual results varying, however, colour refreshes are recommended every year to give a boost to your colour.
Those with slower skin cell turnover may experience longer retention.
Lash enhancement with eyeliner tattoo is when pigment is implanted using a special device right along your lashline between your lashes to give you the appearance of fuller, thicker lashes. This is a very natural result as it creates a subtle lift and definition to your lashes, whilst making you look refreshed and awake.
Eyeliner tattoo can last up to 2 years with individual results varying, however, colour refreshes are recommended every year to give a boost to your colour.
Those with slower skin cell turnover may experience longer retention.
What happens during your lip/eyeliner sessions, and what are the healing stages?
The entire healing process is between 4-8 weeks depending on your body regeneration and age, and your cosmetic tattoo will go through several stages during the healing process.
The pigment will look very natural immediately after the procedure. However, your treated areas will appear much more vibrant, darker and thicker the next few days (this is completely normal and expected).
NOTE: Because of natural skin regeneration, your treated area may appear lighter than original after the peeling stage. This is normal and expected, and does not mean your semi-permanent tattoos are fading too quickly. Even with proper care, missing spots/strokes may develop, making your cosmetic tattoo look uneven. This is completely normal. Once the healing process starts, your treated areas will look flaky. However, this is just the superficial colour and dry skin being removed naturally. Over the next 30-60 days after your procedure, your tattoo and pigment will slowly start to develop into its final form.
Healing stages for lips:
The healing stages are very similar to brows except the flaking process takes up to 5 days. Please note to still refrain from picking and peeling at the flakes until they have fallen off or come off easily with gentle vaseline scrubbing. Touch-up is required at around 8 weeks for semi-permanent lip tattoo. Also note your vermillion border may appear darker at first, however, your lips will appear more even closer to the 8 weeks.
- Do not take fish oils, vitamin E, flaxseed oils, aspirin, niacin, nurofen/ibuprofen, omega-3, or any blood-thinning medications approx.. 1 week before the procedure unless medically necessary (Panadol is fine)
- Do not work out on the day of the procedure as the heat will expand your pores and create more spread of the pigment
- Avoid prolonged sun exposure, ESPECIALLY a sunburn 3 days before the procedure (your skin should not be in the healing process before the procedure – this affects retention)
- Do not drink coffee or any caffeinated drinks before the procedure
- Do not drink alcohol 24 hours before or after the procedure
- No tweezing or waxing 3 days before the procedure
- No tinting 1-2 weeks before the procedure
- Any skin treatments, laser treatments, chemical peels, or injectables should be avoided 4 weeks before AND after the procedure
- LIP – 1 week before procedure, exfoliate and properly hydrate lips for optimal condition during procedure as well as for optimal results and colour retention (exfoliation – sea salt scrub, or any other exfoliation your lips can tolerate with gentle soft toothbrush)
- LIP – please bring your ideal lipstick colour so we can try match it as close as possible for your treatment
- EYELINER – please remove eyelash extensions and contact lenses before the procedure, and arrive to the appointment with no eye make-up
Post-care is extremely important to the appearance and retention of your new semi-permanent tattoo. Ensure your hands are completely clean before handling your new cosmetic tattoo. If you prefer to use bepanthen, apply a thin layer once at night with a clean cotton swab as your skin also needs to heal itself. You can continue to apply this cream for the next 7 days. Otherwise, gently dabbing a clean cotton pad with 0.9% sodium chloride to your treated areas after your shower is sufficient.
- Let any lotion, soap, or make-up touch your semi-permanent tattoo or the surrounding area for the next 7 days after the procedure
For the next 7-14 days, avoid:
- Increased sweating/practicing sports
- Salty foods such as soy sauce as it may affect colour retention
- Swimming, hot sauna, hot bath, jacuzzi, steam room
- Sun tanning/tanning salon (UVR and chemicals have been known to shift colour and decrease pigment retention)
- Any laser/chemical peels/facial treatments
- Any topicals/skincare containing Vitamin A (RetinA, retinol) or glycolic acids on the face and neck
- Performing heavy tasks (eg. household cleaning – garage or basement cleaning, as these can cause increased sweating and involves airborne debris)
- Drinking excess alcohol (slows down wound healing)
- Driving in open air vehicles (convertibles, bikes, boats, motorcycles)
- Touching the treated areas (except for when rinsing or applying post-care cream with a cotton swab)
Please wash your face carefully and gently without stretching or accidentally peeling the flakes off prematurely.
Itching and flaking may appear during the first 7 days post-treatment. However, these symptoms may quickly resolve if post-care instructions are followed.
What to do:
- Watch out for signs of infection (fever, redness, swelling, pus, tenderness, heat, odour, red streaks from treatment site), and contact your physician IMMEDIATELY if these start to appear
- Once completely healed, protect your healed tattoo from prolonged sun exposure. Sun exposure causes the pigment to fade more quickly
- Avoid using foundation on your treated areas as it can affect the colour of your cosmetic tattoo
- A touch-up appointment may be necessary at 6-8 weeks after the initial treatment at no extra charge on first-time procedures. No touch-ups or adjustments can be done prior to 6 weeks. If touch-ups are needed and are not booked within 6 months since the first treatment, a surcharge of $75 will be required upfront
- A $50 deposit is required for all appointments (this will be taken out of your treatment total)
- Reminder SMS and Emails are sent out 48hrs prior to the appointment in case you need to reschedule
- There is a 24hr cancellation period
- If the appointment is cancelled within 24hrs of the appointment without rescheduling, or there is a no-show, the deposit is forfeited
- If you are late to the appointment and are unable to complete the treatment, 1 reschedule is allowed before deposit is forfeited (deposit expires if not rescheduled within 3 months)